- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 45minutes
BackstoryThis is great for all the family but can also be puréed for babies aswell. This was mine, my sisters and my kids first meal.
- 225g White Fish
- 40g Butter
- 25g Plain Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 50g Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Peel potatos place into a saucepan to boil.
- Put the fish into a baking dish with a little milk to cover, cover and place in the oven at 180° for 20-30minutes.
- Drain (keep the milk for later) divide the fish into chunks (removing any skin or bones).
- Melt 25g of the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour.
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk.
- Put back onto the heat and bring to the boil stirring continuously.
- Season and add the mustard and cheese.
- Add fish to the mixture and the chopped boiled egg.
- Turn into an oven proof dish.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and place on top of the fish mixture, add some grated cheese and the remainder of the butter.
- Place in the oven until the top is browned.