- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 50 g butter
- 2 kg white fish bones
- 200 g sliced onion
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 bayleaf
- a few parsley stalks
- 5 peppercorns
- 5 litres water
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the washed fish bones, sliced onion, lemon juice and herbs.
- Cover with greaseproof paper and a lid and sweat for 5 minutes without coloration in order to extract the juices from the bones.
- Cover with cold water, bring to the boil and skim any impurities that rise to the surface, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain into a clean pan, reboil and use as required.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More