Fish Taco Bowl
• 2 pouches (125 g each) Minute Rice Basmati Rice
• 1 lb (500 g) fish fillets (such as tilapia, haddock or cod), cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) Cajun seasoning
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
• 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
• 1 pkg (340 g) coleslaw mix
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared coleslaw dressing
• Lime wedges
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) tomato salsa (optional)
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) guacamole (optional)
Step 1: Cook rice according to package directions.
Step 2: Meanwhile, toss fish with Cajun seasoning and salt. In large, nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook fish in batches, adding more oil as needed, for 2 or 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Toss coleslaw with dressing.
Step 3: Divide rice evenly among 4 shallow bowls. Top with some of the coleslaw, fish and lime wedge. Serve with salsa and guacamole (if using).
Nutrition Facts. Per 1/4 recipe: Calories 360, Fat 15g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 680mg, Carbohydrate 30g, Fibre 3g, Sugars 3g, Protein 26g
Pairs Well With
The warm weather is upon us, and what better way to start the season than with a summertime-suitable recipe? We may live in Canada, but there's no reason why a well-stocked pantry can't be the gateway to an easy-to-make, Mexican-inspired dish. With pantry staples such as Minute Rice Basmati Rice on hand, you're already a third of the way to a great taco bowl – and in a half hour. Now that's a #weekdaywin.