- 2 lbs.white fish(Grouper,Tilapia or Cod etc.)
- Cooking spray
- salt & pepper
- 1 lime
- Your favorite hot sauce,
- 1/8 tsp.cumin
- cabbage,finely shredded
- 1 jalapeno,seeded & chopped
- 1 c. fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 3 T grainy mustard
- 2 T Red Wine vinegar
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion,finely chopped
- corn tortillas(We use the white corn.Be sure & get the soft,flat,un-cooked kind,not the hard crunchy yellow corn ones.You lightly fry them yourself till crispy around edges)
Heat grill pan or non-stick skillet over high heat.
Spray the pan w/cooking spray or the skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil.
Season fish with salt,pepper & cumin.
Place fish on grill(Or skillet) & cook for 5 minutes on each side till opague.
Place jalapeno in food processor with cilantro,mint,grainy mustard & red wine vinegar.
Turn processor on & stream in the olive oil.
Season this sauce w/salt & pepper.
Fry tortillas in oil till crisp around edges,then drain on paper towels.
Take fish off grill(Or skillet) & place in bowl.
Break the fish into chunks,then squeeze lime juice & a few drops of hot sauce over fish chunks.
Pile fish onto hot crispy tortillas & then top with shredded cabbage,red onions & sauce.