- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 stick plus 1 T. butter
- 1/2 C (2 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 C (2 oz.) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C (2 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. (2 oz) shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 C. half and half
- 1 C (8 oz.) Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt (e.g. Lawry's)
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a deep 2-1/2 qt. casserole.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the oil, then the macaroni, and cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan, melt the stick of butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the first four cheeses. To the macaroni, add the half and half, 1-1/2 C of the shredded cheese, the cubed Velveeta, and the eggs. Season with the seasonings. Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 C. of shredded cheese and dot with the remaining one T. butter.
- Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35-45 minutes. Serve hot.
NotesI found this recipe years ago and have been making it for my kids ever since. They've gone from the blue and yellow box version to this and swear there's nothing better.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Food Travels Through Italy
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More