- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 well beaten eggs (should be thick and yellow)
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon flavoring
- 1 tsp butter flavoring
- 1 tsp coconut flavoring
- 1/4 tsp rum, orange, or almond flavoring
- Glaze (optional):
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp of each of the flavoring used in the cake
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Stir in the flavorings.
- Spoon mixture into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or until cake tests done.
- For the glaze:
- Bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon slowly over hot cake in the pan.
- Let stand until cake is cool.
NotesI got this recipe out of the newspaper in 1975. It is one of my favorite pound cakes. At times, I have used buttermilk in place of milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More