- Cooking Time: 14
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 (8 oz.) loin lamb chops
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cleaned bagged spinach, tough ends removed
- In a bowl, mix the spices.
- Season the lamb with salt; drizzle with olive oil.
- Coat both sides of chops with the spices.
- In a very large skillet, heat the 1/4 cup oil until shimmering.
- Add the chops and cook over moderate heat until browned and medium rare, 7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until softened and golden.
- Add handfuls of the spinach to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring and adding more spinach after each batch wilts.
- Season wtih salt, mound on plates and serve with lamb.
NotesThis recipe is offered in the Food and Wine Annual Cookbook 2007.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More