FIVE-SPICE LAMB WITH SPINACH
- Cooking Time: 14
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 (8 oz.) loin lamb chops
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cleaned bagged spinach, tough ends removed
In a bowl, mix the spices.
Season the lamb with salt; drizzle with olive oil.
Coat both sides of chops with the spices.
In a very large skillet, heat the 1/4 cup oil until shimmering.
Add the chops and cook over moderate heat until browned and medium rare, 7 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter.
Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until softened and golden.
Add handfuls of the spinach to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring and adding more spinach after each batch wilts.
Season wtih salt, mound on plates and serve with lamb.