- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. reduced-sodium or lite soy sauce
- 1 pkg. RONZONI SMART TASTE Spaghetti
- 1. Pour hot water over the dried mushrooms (if using); let stand for 20 minutes. Drain. Remove and discard the stems; chop the caps coarsely.
- 2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Cook the ground beef, onion, garlic, soy sauce, five spice powder, salt and pepper, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- 3. Add the rehydrated and fresh mushrooms to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- 4. Stir the pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar and sugar into the beef mixture. Bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the ginger with the sauce and remove from heat.
- 5. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 6. Spoon the sauce over spaghetti and sprinkle with green onion and Parmesan (if using).