- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening, frozen, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Blend flour, sugar and salt in processor.
- Add shortening and butter and cut in using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Transfer mixture to bowl.
- Mix 6 tablespoons ice water and vinegar in small bowl; pour over flour mixture.
- Stir with fork until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into 2 balls; flatten each into disk.
- Wrap each in plastic and chill 30 minutes.
- (Can be prepared ahead and refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Soften slightly at room temperature before using).
Notes2 nine inch pie crusts
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
The Social Cookbook
Christmas CookiesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More