- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9 biscuits
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp.baking powder
- 2-3 tsp.dill weed
- 3/4 tsp.salt
- 1/4 tsp.pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs,lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. half-and-half cream divided
- In a large bowl,combine flour, baking powder, dill, salt and pepper.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With a fork, stir in eggs and half cup cream just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfulls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased sheet.
- Brush tops with remaining cream.
- Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm
NotesIf you don't have half-and-half cream on hand,you may substitute 4-1/2 tsps.melted butter plus enough whole milk to equal 1 cup.One cup of evaporated milk may also be substituted for each cup of half-and-half cream in dishes that are cooked or baked.