- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18 ounces refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 medium potato, thinly sliced
- 3 slices smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roll out the bread dough into a rectangle, and spread out on a baking sheet greased with olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Place potato slices in a saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for about 5 minutes. Add bacon slices to the water, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Drain.
- Remove bacon, then dice.
- While the potatoes and bacon cook, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook, stirring until tender. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread the onion mixture over the bread dough. Arrange potato slices evenly, and sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is golden on the bottom. Let stand for a few minutes before slicing.
- Makes: 4 servings
NotesI had friends that had this entree in Paris, France. It was so good that they had to order another one. The French people sure know how to cook. It is like a pizza, but 1 million times better
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More