- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 medium sized flank steak
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 T roasted garlic
- 1/2 t grated ginger
- 1 c panko
- 3/4 c cornstarch
- canola oil for frying
- Slice flank steak diagonally across the grain about 1/2" thick and butterfly.
- Combine soy sauce, egg, garlic, and ginger.
- Put each piece of meat in ziplock bag and add marinade.
- Marinate meat for 4-6 hours or overnight
- Mix together Panko and cornstarch
- Coat each piece of meat with panko mixture, patting in well.
- Fry in 350 degree oil, about 5 minutes on each side, or until panko is lightly browned
- Drain on cooling rack
NotesI really like cooking with Flank steak, and am always looking for new ways to make it. This has a definite asian flavor to it, and the crunch that I love
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More