- Cooking Time: 14 to 16
- Servings: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 8 oz butter, softened
- 1 ½ c. packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 c. chopped toasted walnuts (optional- I skipped them)
- Preheat the oven to 325-degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Add the flour mixture all at once and blend until a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate and walnuts. Chill the dough.
- Roll 2 1/2 -tablespoon lumps of dough into balls, then place on the baking sheet and flatten to 1/2 -inch-thick disks spaced 2 inches apart. Chill the dough between batches.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack. Makes 30 to 35 cookies. (I make huge cookies, so I got about 15)
Notes"I got this recipe from a much loved food blogger, Laura Rebecca. These cookies are buttery, salty and sweet. A perfect combination!"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More