- Cooking Time: 14 to 16
- Servings: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 8 oz butter, softened
- 1 ½ c. packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 c. chopped toasted walnuts (optional- I skipped them)
- Preheat the oven to 325-degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Add the flour mixture all at once and blend until a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate and walnuts. Chill the dough.
- Roll 2 1/2 -tablespoon lumps of dough into balls, then place on the baking sheet and flatten to 1/2 -inch-thick disks spaced 2 inches apart. Chill the dough between batches.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack. Makes 30 to 35 cookies. (I make huge cookies, so I got about 15)
Notes"I got this recipe from a much loved food blogger, Laura Rebecca. These cookies are buttery, salty and sweet. A perfect combination!"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More