- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, patted dry
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 TB flour
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 TB lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 2 TB flat-leaf parsley (I used cilantro instead)
- 2 TB butter, cut into small pieces, chilled
- 2 TB kalamata olives, pitted and sliced (I used regular black and green olives)
- Get out your rolling pin, place each breast between plastic wrap and 'slap them into submission'. Or, just butterfly them into thin slices. You want them about 1/4" thick. Season them with salt and pepper to taste and lightly dredge them with flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove them from the skillet and keep warm on a plate, covering them with foil.
- Saute the garlic and red pepper flakes for about 30 seconds. Add in the wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice and simmer, scraping up the brown bits of yumminess. Allow to simmer until the sauce thickens down to a glaze.
- Add the parsley, butter and olives, stirring constantly. If more salt is needed, now is the time to add it. Return the chicken to the pan and heat through....about 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
NotesThis is another great recipe from 50 Shades of Chicken. The rated G version of this recipe is called Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Garlic, Olives, and Wine
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More