- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Sweet Yellow Peppers
- 10 Grape or Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 cup of cooked black beans (if you're in a hurry canned work well, just drain & rinse)
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut yellow peppers in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds
- Rinse and dry completely.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Dust with sea salt to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes in pre-heated 375 degree oven
- In a large bowl combine black beans, rice, minced onion.
- Season with hot sauce. I use Intensity Academy Garlic Goodness.
- Toss in spinach and tomatoes.
- Stuff peppers evenly with mixture.
NotesRancho la Puerta in Tecate, Mexico was the inspiration behind this dish. The 'Ranch' has been there for 75 years on 3,000-acres and it offers world-class landscaped gardens, an organic farm and internationally known cooking school. Rancho La Puerta is more than a destination spa, it is a life changing experience. It inspired me to look at food differently like these peppers, I incorporated a rainbow of color ... like the Ranch encouraged us to do at every meal!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More