- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Sweet Yellow Peppers
- 10 Grape or Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 cup of cooked black beans (if you're in a hurry canned work well, just drain & rinse)
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut yellow peppers in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds
- Rinse and dry completely.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Dust with sea salt to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes in pre-heated 375 degree oven
- In a large bowl combine black beans, rice, minced onion.
- Season with hot sauce. I use Intensity Academy Garlic Goodness.
- Toss in spinach and tomatoes.
- Stuff peppers evenly with mixture.
NotesRancho la Puerta in Tecate, Mexico was the inspiration behind this dish. The 'Ranch' has been there for 75 years on 3,000-acres and it offers world-class landscaped gardens, an organic farm and internationally known cooking school. Rancho La Puerta is more than a destination spa, it is a life changing experience. It inspired me to look at food differently like these peppers, I incorporated a rainbow of color ... like the Ranch encouraged us to do at every meal!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More