- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is from bettycrocker.com. Can't wait to make it!
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Tray or cardboard, covered with foil
- 2 containers Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla frosting
- Assorted food colors
- About 40 small round candy-coated fruit-flavored chewy candies
- Assorted colors Betty Crocker® decorating icing (in 4.25-oz tubes) or Betty Crocker® Easy Flow decorating icing (in 6.4-oz cans)
- 1 roll Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® Green Apple Wave® chewy fruit snack (from 4.5-oz box)
- 2 edible pansy or silk daisy flowers
- Heat oven to 350°(325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool 15 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Cut cake lengthwise in half. Continue cutting each piece to form flip-flop shape as shown in diagram. Place pieces on tray. Freeze pieces uncovered about 1 hour for easier frosting if desired.
- In small bowl, mix 1 cup frosting with food color to make desired color; frost sides of each flip-flop. In another small bowl, mix 1 cup frosting with second food color to make desired color; frost top of each flip-flop. Place small candies around side edge of each flip-flop to look like jewels. Decorate top of each flip-flop with decorating icing. Cut two 6-inch pieces from fruit roll; cut pieces lengthwise in half. Arrange on flip-flops for straps. Just before serving, top with flowers. Store loosely covered.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on cake mix box.