- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 115g blanched almonds
- 115g hazelnuts
- 115g brazil or cashew nuts
- 120g candied citrus e.g. mandarin, orange or lemon
- 200g glace cherries
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1tsp vegetable oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Toast the nuts together in a baking dish for about 10 minutes or until golden & fragrant. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Pour nuts into a teatowel and rub to remove skin.
- In a bowl, combine chopped candied citrus, cherries, sultanas, flour & spices. Chop the nuts coarsley and add to bowl.
- Heat the honey and sugar together in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add to the nuts & fruit and stir to combine.
- Pour into cake tin and flatten the surface.
- Place in oven & bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool in tin.
- When cool, combine chocolate & oil in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, and stir until melted. Pour over the top of cooled florentines. Allow chocolate to set and remove from tin.
- Cut into squares or wedges & serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More