- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 115g blanched almonds
- 115g hazelnuts
- 115g brazil or cashew nuts
- 120g candied citrus e.g. mandarin, orange or lemon
- 200g glace cherries
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1tsp vegetable oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Toast the nuts together in a baking dish for about 10 minutes or until golden & fragrant. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Pour nuts into a teatowel and rub to remove skin.
- In a bowl, combine chopped candied citrus, cherries, sultanas, flour & spices. Chop the nuts coarsley and add to bowl.
- Heat the honey and sugar together in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add to the nuts & fruit and stir to combine.
- Pour into cake tin and flatten the surface.
- Place in oven & bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool in tin.
- When cool, combine chocolate & oil in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, and stir until melted. Pour over the top of cooled florentines. Allow chocolate to set and remove from tin.
- Cut into squares or wedges & serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More