- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole chicken ("broiler" has less fat)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup of the hot chicken broth
- Make your own broth by slowly simmering a chicken covered by an inch of water for at least 30 minutes and up to an hour (use a lid).
- Remove chicken, allow to cool, and pull off and dice or shred the meat, ladling off any excess fat. Or, for a richer broth, put the bones, skin and fat (removed from meat) back in the broth and continue to slowly simmer for another 30 to 60 minutes. [To make lower calorie may cool the broth and skim off ALL the congealed fat.]
- To prepare noodles for chicken & noodles: Mix together flour, baking powder, egg and brooth. Roll out very thin with a rolling pin and cut into strips or shapes desired.
- Bring several cups of Chicken Broth to a boil if previously cooled.
- Drop noodles into boiling Chicken Broth and cook for 30 minutes at a simmer.
- You may add sliced mushrooms, diced onion, and / or chopped, roasted, skinned red bell peppers for a deluxe version.
- Season to Taste with salt, pepper, and dash of sage.
NotesThis recipe came from a good friend who was a retired R.N. living on a farm, who cooked the "good old fashioned way".
Just like grandma used to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Delightful DessertsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More