- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 24 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound flounder fillets
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Plunge tomatoes into the boiling water, and immediately remove to a medium bowl of ice water. Drain, and remove skins. Chop, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute onion until tender. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning. Stir in tomatoes, and cook until tender. Mix in wine, olives, capers, lemon juice, and 1/2 the basil. Reduce heat, blend in Parmesan cheese, and cook until the mixture is reduced to a thick sauce, about 15 minutes.
- Place flounder in a shallow baking dish. Cover with the sauce, and top with remaining basil leaves.
- Bake 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More