- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 24 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound flounder fillets
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Plunge tomatoes into the boiling water, and immediately remove to a medium bowl of ice water. Drain, and remove skins. Chop, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute onion until tender. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning. Stir in tomatoes, and cook until tender. Mix in wine, olives, capers, lemon juice, and 1/2 the basil. Reduce heat, blend in Parmesan cheese, and cook until the mixture is reduced to a thick sauce, about 15 minutes.
- Place flounder in a shallow baking dish. Cover with the sauce, and top with remaining basil leaves.
- Bake 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More