- Cooking Time: 4
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen corn or 2 cups fresh kernels
- 1/2 small jalapeno chile, seeded
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 flounder fillets (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat broiler.
- Place corn in a strainer and thaw under running water, breaking up frozen lumps. Drain, then transfer corn to a medium bowl. (Fresh sweet corn can be used uncooked.)
- In a food processor, pulse jalapeno and cilantro until finely chopped. Add bell pepper and onion to bowl and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add chopped mixture to corn. Stir in lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Rinse the flounder fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange fillets on a broiler pan. Brush fillets with oil, then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Broil until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to dinner plates. Spoon some of the corn salsa over each serving.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
50 Shades of Taste
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More