- Cooking Time: 1-2
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4 C flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ C shortening*
- 1 ½ C warm water
- *I used butter flavored shortening
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Slowly add water, you may not use all of it.
- Mix until a dough has formed, you don’t want it to be sticky.
- Roll dough into small balls, about 2 tbsp, use more if you want bigger tortillas
- On a floured surface, roll out ball until it becomes thin, like a tortilla
- Heat 10” skillet over low, place rolled out tortilla into pan and cook until lightly browned on each side. Enjoy!
NotesMy husband's granma gave this too me. She used to make these everyday by hand when her children were growing up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More