- Cooking Time: 1-2
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryMy husband's granma gave this too me. She used to make these everyday by hand when her children were growing up.
- 4 C flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ C shortening*
- 1 ½ C warm water
- *I used butter flavored shortening
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Slowly add water, you may not use all of it.
- Mix until a dough has formed, you don’t want it to be sticky.
- Roll dough into small balls, about 2 tbsp, use more if you want bigger tortillas
- On a floured surface, roll out ball until it becomes thin, like a tortilla
- Heat 10” skillet over low, place rolled out tortilla into pan and cook until lightly browned on each side. Enjoy!