- Cooking Time: 1-2
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4 C flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ C shortening*
- 1 ½ C warm water
- *I used butter flavored shortening
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Slowly add water, you may not use all of it.
- Mix until a dough has formed, you don’t want it to be sticky.
- Roll dough into small balls, about 2 tbsp, use more if you want bigger tortillas
- On a floured surface, roll out ball until it becomes thin, like a tortilla
- Heat 10” skillet over low, place rolled out tortilla into pan and cook until lightly browned on each side. Enjoy!
NotesMy husband's granma gave this too me. She used to make these everyday by hand when her children were growing up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Koken met OmaSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More