Flourless Cashew Chicken
Why I Love This Recipe
I had a couple over for dinner last night who requested a meal with no flour. I improvised this and it got requests for a recipe to take home. Serve it on rice.
Ingredients You'll Need
4 chicken thighs
1/4 cup corn starch
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 " slice ginger root, finely minced or pressed through garlic press
medium size garlic clove
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sherry
1/4 cup oil
3 green onions
2/3 cup roasted, salted cashews
1. Bone and cut chicken into small pieces. Marinate at least 20 minutes while preparing other ingredients for dinner.
2. Heat oil in cast-iron pan or wok until hot.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, saving liquid. Add 2 cups water to marinade.
4. Toss chicken with cornstarch to coat, inside a plastic bag.
5. Fry chicken for about 5 minutes, separating the pieces as they will become gluey.
6. Drain excess oil from pan, leaving chicken inside.
7. Add marinade liquid and stir constantly until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
8. Add onions and cashews and serve.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: