- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 18 - 1oz sq. of Bitter Sweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 300*
- Grease 9" cake pan w/ butter
- -In a small saucepan, stir & dissolve Water, Sugar & Salt on Med. Heat. (Set aside)
- -Melt Chocolate on Double Boiler (or Microwave)
- -Pour Chocolate in bowl of electric mixer
- -Cut Butter into pieces & beat in to chocolate 1 piece at a time
- -Beat in Hot Sugar Water
- -Slowly beat in eggs, 1 at a time
- -Pour batter into prepared Pan
- -Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, Pour Boiling water half way up the sides of this pan.
- -Bake cake in water bath @ 300* for 45 min. Center will still look wet, chill overnight in refrigerator (or in the freezer for a few hours if you're pressed for time)
- -To unmold, dip bottom of cake pan in hot water for a few seconds & flip onto serving platter
NotesMy sister had found this recipe when baking for guests who were gluten and dairy-free. I don't remember where she found it, but I promise you, this cake is phenomenal.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More