Flourless pancakes with berry compote
• 2 eggs (free range if possible)
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 cup fresh or frozen berries of your choice
• 1 tbsp water
• 1 tsp chia seeds
• 2 tsp butter or coconut oil
1. In a small blender, puree banana and eggs until smooth.
2. Heat medium sized non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot. 3. Add ½ of your butter/coconut oil to the pan and let sit for 30 seconds to heat up. Pour in batter slowly and make 4-6 small pancakes per pan.
4. They should be the size of a soup can. Once browned on both sides, transfer to a plate.
1. In a small pot, add berries, water and chia seeds.
2. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until berries have broken down and the sauce has thickened. Spoon over pancakes and serve.
Pairs Well With
It only takes about 10 minutes to cook a wholesome meal that will give you enough energy to start the day off right. Start off the right way with these healthy breakfast pancakes.