- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 - 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 6 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 can of milk
- Shredded mozzarella cheese to garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and saute in olive oil until brown, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the pan with a bit more olive oil if needed and saute until just barely tender. Remove from pan and set aside
- Add garlic and the rest of the seasonings and saute briefly...about a minute.
- Pour the tomatoes and milk into the pan and stir to combine.
- With an immersion blender, puree the tomato mixture. Because my pan was so wide, I had to remove the mixture to a tall, narrow container to puree properly without making a huge mess. Once pureed, return to the pan along with the chicken and mushrooms. If needed, add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
NotesThis dinner came as I cooked....one of those "on the fly" type of things but my teenage daughter thought it would be gross if I named it Chicken on the Fly....so Flying Chicken it is
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
50 Shades of TasteSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More