- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 - 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 6 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 can of milk
- Shredded mozzarella cheese to garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and saute in olive oil until brown, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the pan with a bit more olive oil if needed and saute until just barely tender. Remove from pan and set aside
- Add garlic and the rest of the seasonings and saute briefly...about a minute.
- Pour the tomatoes and milk into the pan and stir to combine.
- With an immersion blender, puree the tomato mixture. Because my pan was so wide, I had to remove the mixture to a tall, narrow container to puree properly without making a huge mess. Once pureed, return to the pan along with the chicken and mushrooms. If needed, add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
NotesThis dinner came as I cooked....one of those "on the fly" type of things but my teenage daughter thought it would be gross if I named it Chicken on the Fly....so Flying Chicken it is
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More