* 2 Lbs - Flour
* 1 Lb - Fresh tomatoes
* 2 1/4 Cups - Warm water
* 2 Oz - Yeast
* EV olive oil
* In a large bowl add the flour and make a hole at the center.
* In the hole add the warm water. Add the yeast to the water and let the yeast melt.
* Add to the water 1 1/2 Tbs of salt and 3 Tbs of olive oil.
* Mix the entire content until the dough is well mixed and of even consistency. If you have a pasta mixer, use it as it will speed up the process.
* Now you are ready to assemble the focaccia.
*Take a round baking pan 14" wide and add 1/2 Cup of olive oil to the bottom.
* Pour the dough into the pan and spread it evenly.
* Cut the tomatoes in wedges and spread them over the top.
* Pour 3/4 Cup of olive oil over the tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and oregano over the entire focaccia.
* Put the pan in the oven heated at 100F and leave it there to raise for one hour.
* Then raise the temperature to 475F and cook the focaccia for 35 minutes.
Pairs Well With
This is a recipe that I have leaned from my mother-in-law Romana. She makes it every Sunday and we always look forward to it. Now I have learned to make it myself and it comes out great every time.