- Cooking Time: 35 mins at 475F
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 80 mins.
- * 2 Lbs - Flour
- * 1 Lb - Fresh tomatoes
- * 2 1/4 Cups - Warm water
- * 2 Oz - Yeast
- * EV olive oil
- * Oregano
- * Salt
- * In a large bowl add the flour and make a hole at the center.
- * In the hole add the warm water. Add the yeast to the water and let the yeast melt.
- * Add to the water 1 1/2 Tbs of salt and 3 Tbs of olive oil.
- * Mix the entire content until the dough is well mixed and of even consistency. If you have a pasta mixer, use it as it will speed up the process.
- * Now you are ready to assemble the focaccia.
- *Take a round baking pan 14" wide and add 1/2 Cup of olive oil to the bottom.
- * Pour the dough into the pan and spread it evenly.
- * Cut the tomatoes in wedges and spread them over the top.
- * Pour 3/4 Cup of olive oil over the tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and oregano over the entire focaccia.
- * Put the pan in the oven heated at 100F and leave it there to raise for one hour.
- * Then raise the temperature to 475F and cook the focaccia for 35 minutes.
NotesThis is a recipe that I have leaned from my mother-in-law Romana. She makes it every Sunday and we always look forward to it. Now I have learned to make it myself and it comes out great every time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More