- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- Basic Dough:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 ounce (1 package) yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (you may need more to achieve the smooth elasticity)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chiffonade of basil or dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Reggiano Parmesean cheese (do not substitute any type of parmesean cheese)
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in the warm water. Sprinkle yeast over and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a mixer bowl with the dough hook attached, add 3 cups of the flour, salt and yeast mixture. Slowly mix the dough together.
- Increase the speed to medium and mix for 5 minutes, adding the additional flour until the dough is a smooth ball.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover and set aside to rise for 3 hours; a good place for this is your oven with the oven light turned on.
- Remove dough from bowl and place onto an oiled 9 x 13 sheet pan. Spread dough out to edges of pan, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Make "dimples" in the dough with your fingers. Drizzle the dough with olive oil, sprinkle on basil and cheese and bake for 30-35 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.
NotesThis recipe is foolproof and so delicious. It makes a 9"x13" piece which can be cut up into squares and frozen for your next pinini sandwich!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More