- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- Basic Dough:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 ounce (1 package) yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (you may need more to achieve the smooth elasticity)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chiffonade of basil or dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Reggiano Parmesean cheese (do not substitute any type of parmesean cheese)
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in the warm water. Sprinkle yeast over and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a mixer bowl with the dough hook attached, add 3 cups of the flour, salt and yeast mixture. Slowly mix the dough together.
- Increase the speed to medium and mix for 5 minutes, adding the additional flour until the dough is a smooth ball.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover and set aside to rise for 3 hours; a good place for this is your oven with the oven light turned on.
- Remove dough from bowl and place onto an oiled 9 x 13 sheet pan. Spread dough out to edges of pan, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Make "dimples" in the dough with your fingers. Drizzle the dough with olive oil, sprinkle on basil and cheese and bake for 30-35 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.
NotesThis recipe is foolproof and so delicious. It makes a 9"x13" piece which can be cut up into squares and frozen for your next pinini sandwich!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Foodie BabySee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More