- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium raw eggplant
- 1 bulb garlic clove
- 1 sprays olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large pitas, split in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a sheet pan with olive oil cooking spray and spread onions on it; set aside.
- Prick eggplant all over with a fork.
- Coat garlic bulb with cooking spray; wrap in foil.
- Roast eggplant (unwrapped) and garlic (wrapped in foil) until very soft; about 45 minutes.
- Add onion to oven for last 20 minutes of roasting.
- Remove vegetables from oven and reduce temperature to 400°F.
- Peel and mash eggplant; set aside.
- Squeeze garlic from its skin; set aside.
- Set pita rounds on a baking sheet; spread each with some garlic.
- Top with tomato sauce, eggplant, fontina and onions.
- Bake until crisp on edges, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot. Yields half a pita per serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More