- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 - 3 lb cut up frying chicken (8 pieces)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine
- 1 heaping cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash chicken, and pat dry with paper towel. (My wife soaks the washed chicken in salt water for 15 20 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Place vegetable oil and margarine in shallow baking pan, and set in oven to heat and melt.
- Combine flour and seasonings. Roll chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- Remove hot pan from oven and arrange chicken pieces on it, skin side down, do not crowd.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Turn chicken so that skin side is up and continue baking-20-30 minutes until nicely browned and juices run clear.
- Remove to a platter and keep warm (at least 10 minutes).
- Country Gravy....
- Scrape baking pan and place 3 Tablespoons of the accumulated cooking fat and browned bits into a sauce pan. Stir in 3 Tablespoons flour and cook 1-2 minutes until well combined. Stir in 2 cups milk and continue cooking and whisking until gravy boils and thickens. Cook about one minute. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
NotesThis came from Food Guy on Recipes @ Taste of Home BB. It is sooo good. I have never been able to make really good oven fried chicken but this comes out beautifully.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More