- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 4 chicken fillets
- 4 frozen puff pastry sheets
- 4 oz cream cheese (the firm kind)
- few slices of bacon
- flat-leaf parsley
- 1 spring onion
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cook the bacon. Drain in a paper towel and crumble them.
- Finely chop 1 spring onion (or however many you want, I used a handful last time) and a good handful of lead parsley. Add the spring onion, parsley, cream cheese, pinch of pepper, and bacon in a medium bowl and mix all together.
- Roll out the pastry dough a little and beat a large egg.
- Make a deep cut in each chicken fillet (I made a horizontal and vertical cut) and fill in with the creak cheese mix.
- Place the chicken on top of the puff pastry, season with salt and pepper. Brush the edges with egg and form them into packages.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
NotesThis recipe never fails. I have always used pretty thick chicken so I've needed to leave in the oven for about 15 minutes longer than the recipe suggests. -Emily
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More