- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 chuck roast, any size that fits in Crock Pot
- 1 pkg. Onion soup mix (I use Mrs. Grass or Lipton)
- Put roast in the Crock Pot and shake the whole pkg. of dry of onion soup mix over top of roast.
- DO NOT add any liquid.
- Put the lid on and turn on the Crock Pot to high for 4-5 hours or on low for all day.
- DO NOT lift the lid.
- *** I usually put it on high about 9 in the morning then turn to low around 11 or so and cook until around 5 or 6 and the house smells heavenly. When it is done I shred the roast with two forks and serve on either Hoagie or Kaiser rolls with some of the AuJus. I usually add a slice of provolone cheese before putting the shredded roast on the roll (the heat melts the cheese Yum!).
- **Every time you lift the lid you must add 20 min. to the cooking time, so please trust me and do not open it.
NotesIt took a little faith, well actually a lot of faith the first time I made this roast not to add any liquid, but if you try it just once you would see what I mean. It does not stick and the trick is NOT lifting the lid, that is what makes the AuJus. You get the best AuJus in the world from this method and it does it all by itself. I always use Chuck roast for this because it has more flavor and shreds well when done.
CustomFit Clean & Tasty
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More