- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c turkey drippings (fat and juices from roasted turkey or if necessary add chicken broth to make 1/2 c)
- 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 3 c liquid (juices from roasted turkey or chicken broth)
- browning sauce if desired
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pour drippings from roasting pan into bowl, leaving brown particles in pan.
- Return 1/2 c drippings to roasting pan.(measure accurately because too little fat makes gravy lumpy.)
- Stir in flour with wire whisk. (Measure accurately so gravy is not greasy.)
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in liquid.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in a few drops of browning sauce.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Strain if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More