- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c turkey drippings (fat and juices from roasted turkey or if necessary add chicken broth to make 1/2 c)
- 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 3 c liquid (juices from roasted turkey or chicken broth)
- browning sauce if desired
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pour drippings from roasting pan into bowl, leaving brown particles in pan.
- Return 1/2 c drippings to roasting pan.(measure accurately because too little fat makes gravy lumpy.)
- Stir in flour with wire whisk. (Measure accurately so gravy is not greasy.)
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in liquid.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in a few drops of browning sauce.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Strain if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More