- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c turkey drippings (fat and juices from roasted turkey or if necessary add chicken broth to make 1/2 c)
- 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 3 c liquid (juices from roasted turkey or chicken broth)
- browning sauce if desired
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pour drippings from roasting pan into bowl, leaving brown particles in pan.
- Return 1/2 c drippings to roasting pan.(measure accurately because too little fat makes gravy lumpy.)
- Stir in flour with wire whisk. (Measure accurately so gravy is not greasy.)
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in liquid.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in a few drops of browning sauce.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Strain if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More