- Cooking Time: 140 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
BackstorySlow-roasting is a great way to keep the chicken nice and moist. Adding the potatoes to the roasting tin infuses them with plenty of flavour, too
- butter , for greasing
- 1.6kg chicken
- 1.0kg roasting potatoes , halved or quartered if large
- 2 whole garlic heads, halved through the middle
- 100.0ml white wine
- 100.0ml chicken stock
- 2 stems rosemary , broken into sprigs
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 lemon , cut into wedges
- 1.Heat oakley for sale oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Brush a large roasting tin all over with butter and smear some over the skin of the chicken.
- 2.Place the chicken in the tin and arrange the potatoes around it. Put the halved oakley for sale garlic heads in the tin, pour over the white wine and stock, then cover with foil and place in the oven. Cook for 1 hr then remove the foil and give the potatoes a shake. Add the herbs and lemon wedges, then cook uncovered for 50 mins.
- 3.Turn the heat up to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Cook for 30 mins more, then remove fake ray bans the chicken and potatoes from the pan. Cover the chicken loosely with foil and leave to rest on a plate for at least 10 mins before carving. Keep the potatoes warm. Serve with any pan juices.
- Per serving