- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Rhodes Texas™ rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- mayonnaise, if desired
- lettuce leaves
- sliced deli meat
- sliced cheese
- Cut 1/4 off of one roll and roll it into a 10-inch rope.
- Cut the rope into 4 segments for the laces. Set aside.
- Press remaining 2 3/4 rolls into a football shape leaving the top mounded.
- Pull the ends to exaggerate the points.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- With a knife, make a slight cut across the top of the football not quite reaching the points.
- Lay each lace across the cut.
- Using a toothpick or knife, push the ends of the laces down into the football securing them tightly.
- Brush with egg and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and then slice.
- Spread with mayonnaise, if desired and stuff with lettuce, deli meat and cheese.
NotesKick-Off your Game Day party with this adorable Football Hero Sandwich recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Special SmoothiesSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More