- 3 Rhodes Texas™ rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- mayonnaise, if desired
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 sliced deli ham meat
- 3 slices cheese
- Cut 1/4 off of one roll and roll it into a 10-inch rope.
- Cut the rope into 4 segments for the laces. Set aside.
- Press remaining 2 3/4 rolls into a football shape leaving the top mounded and edges thinner.
- Pull the ends to exaggerate the points.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- With a knife, make a slight cut across the top of the football not quite reaching the points.
- Lay each lace across the cut. Using a toothpick or knife, push the ends of the laces down into the football securing them tightly.
- Brush with egg and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and then slice.
- Spread with mayonnaise, if desired and stuff with lettuce, deli meat and cheese.
NotesKick-Off your Game Day party with this adorable Football Hero Sandwich recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More