- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir together: flour, cream of tartar, soda, salt, and quick oats.
- Set aside.
- Mix white sugar, brown sugar, butter, oil. Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients with milk.
- Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Drop from teaspoon and bake on greased cookie sheet.*
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- For easier clean-up, line cookie sheets with parchment.
NotesThese are another precious recipe from my husband's grandma.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More