- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- 1 1/2-8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 12 oz Cool Whip
- 1/2 Cup of Powdered sugar
- 2 Small Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1st Layer
- Let butter stand to room temp to soften
- Cream butter with sugar, add pecans and sifted flour a little at a time until the texture of pie crust.
- Taking small amounts of the above mixture, press into bottom and sides (3/4 up sides)of an ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan. Making sure it is evenly spread. Use fork and poke holes randomly.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes until looks completely dry or slightly browned. Set aside to completely cool.
- 2nd Layer
- In large mixing bowl, beat softened Cream Cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar a little at a time. Beat on low to med until mixed well and has smooth texture.
- Fold in 1 - 12 oz cool whip. Spread mixture evenly onto cooled crust. (I love the cream cheese portion of this recipe that sometimes I increase this layer to 1 1/2 of what is called for)
- 3rd Layer:
- Mix the two small boxes of instant chocolate pudding as directed on side of box (pie filling instructions). Pour pudding over cream cheese layer.
- 4th Layer:
- Spread 1 -12 oz container of cool whip o top of pudding layer.
- Garnish with chopped pecans. I also like to drizzle a little chocolate syrup as a decorative touch.
- Use your imagination with this recipe. For example substitue vanilla or white chocolate, or bannana pudding and add sliced strawberries. Or use lemon pudding instead of chocolate or even Pistachio pudding. Make it your own creation.
NotesYou will love this recipe especially during the summer months. It is rich, but light and refreshing at the same time.
This is also great to share with friends as pot luck dessert. As we wouldn't want to eat it all by ourselves if you know what I mean.