- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated Gruyere
- ¼ cup grated Fontina
- ¼ cup grated provolone
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- ¼ cup ground Parmesan
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter over medium in your pan. As the butter begins to bubble, add the flour. Stir for one minute then gradually whisk in the milk. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Reduce heat to very low. Add mozzarella, Gruyere, Fontina, and provolone cheese and stir well with a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Season with Italian seasonings and pepper to taste. Add the cooked pasta to the four-cheese sauce and continue heating until the pasta and sauce are heated through. If the sauce becomes too thick, thin with a little bit of milk. Serve with a sprinkling of shaved Parmesan cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More