- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2-cup shortening
- 1/2-cup butter (not margarine)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour cake pan or pans.
- Cream together shortening and sugar, beating for 6 minutes at medium speed using an electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs one at a time beating for 3 minutes after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Measure the milk into a measuring cup and add the vanilla to the milk.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture either by hand or on the lowest speed of your stand mixer.
- When all ingredients are mixed in, beat the batter at medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More