- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2-cup shortening
- 1/2-cup butter (not margarine)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour cake pan or pans.
- Cream together shortening and sugar, beating for 6 minutes at medium speed using an electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs one at a time beating for 3 minutes after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Measure the milk into a measuring cup and add the vanilla to the milk.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture either by hand or on the lowest speed of your stand mixer.
- When all ingredients are mixed in, beat the batter at medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
The NourishFull Kitchen
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More