- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 C. Shortening
- 2 C. Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 3/4 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one 9 x 13 pan or two layer cake pans.
- Cream shortening together with sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into greased & litely floured pan(s).
- Tap pan(s) on table to release any air bubbles before placing in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when litely touched in center.
- Cake will also pull away from sides of pan when finished.
- Cool on rack and frost or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
NotesThis cake has the consistency of a dense yellow cake, almost like a pound cake with a wedding cake flavor. Buttercream frosting compliments this recipe either using chocolate or vanilla.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More