- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 C. Shortening
- 2 C. Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 3/4 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one 9 x 13 pan or two layer cake pans.
- Cream shortening together with sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into greased & litely floured pan(s).
- Tap pan(s) on table to release any air bubbles before placing in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when litely touched in center.
- Cake will also pull away from sides of pan when finished.
- Cool on rack and frost or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
NotesThis cake has the consistency of a dense yellow cake, almost like a pound cake with a wedding cake flavor. Buttercream frosting compliments this recipe either using chocolate or vanilla.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More