- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium leek (white portion only)
- 5 green onions with tops
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Slice all onions 1/4 in. thick. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, saute onions and garlic in butter for 15 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Add broth, consomme, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Swiss cheese in the bottom of six oven-proof 8-oz. bowls. Ladle hot soup into bowls. Top each with a slice of bread. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Broil 6-8 in. from the heat or until cheese melts. Serve immediately
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Cooking for a Cure
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume OneSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More