- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sheets chocolate graham crackers
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 5 Frango mint candies, chopped and divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chocolate graham crackers in a food processor; process 30 seconds or until finely ground.
- Sprinkle crumbs over bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat crumbs with cooking spray.
- Wrap outside of pan with a double layer of foil.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt.
- Place cottage cheese and cream cheeses in a food processor; process 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add sugar mixture; process 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add vanilla, eggs, and egg white; process 1 minute or until well blended.
- Add half of chopped mints; pulse once to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining half of chopped mints evenly over batter.
- Place springform pan in a jelly-roll pan or large roasting pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until cheesecake center barely moves when pan is touched.
- Remove the cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around outside edge.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- 12 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
- Nutritional Information
- CALORIES 222(31% from fat); FAT 7.6g (sat 4.2g,mono 1.9g,poly 0.3g); PROTEIN 9.5g; CHOLESTEROL 69mg; CALCIUM 67mg; SODIUM 229mg; FIBER 0.2g; IRON 0.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 29.1g
NotesThe Chicago-based department store chain Marshall Field's has sold the addictive mint-infused Frango chocolates since 1918. You can order them online ($4.90 for 1/3 pound; www.fields.com), or substitute 10 dark chocolate mint candies (such as Andes mints). Wrapping the outside of the pan with aluminum foil helps keep the water bath where it belongs. Serve chilled.
Lorrie Corvin , Cooking Light, NOVEMBER 2005
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Cooking with Sabra
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More