- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 cans chocolate frosting of choice
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9 in round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- After cooled, frost with favorite chocolate frosting.
NotesFor those of you who know my husband Frank from BakeSpace, this is what I make him every year for his birthday. He loves it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The One Dollar Cookbook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More