- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 cans chocolate frosting of choice
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9 in round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- After cooled, frost with favorite chocolate frosting.
NotesFor those of you who know my husband Frank from BakeSpace, this is what I make him every year for his birthday. He loves it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Food Travels Through Italy
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More