- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 (8 oz.) freezer-safe dishwasher-safe containers or jelly glasses with tight-fitting lids
- 1 large lime
- 12 medium-sized kiwifruit (about 2-1/2 lbs.)
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (1-3/4 oz.) pkg. powdered fruit pectin
- Check all glasses or jars to be sure there are no nicks, cracks, or sharp edges. Wash the glasses, jars, or containers in hot soapy water; rinse. Slowly pour boiling water inside and out of containers or glasses and lids; invert on clean towel, away from drafts, to drain dry. Or wash them in the dishwasher, set for the rinse cycle, with very hot water (150F or higher) and leave in the dishwasher until you are ready to fill them.
- Grate peel from lime. Squeeze enough juice from lime to measure 1 tablespoon.
- Cut each kiwifruit crosswise in half; with spoon, scoop out pulp into large bowl. Thoroughly crush enough kiwifruit to make 3 cups fruit. Stir in sugar, salt, lime juice, and grated lime peel until thoroughly mixed; let stand 10 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat fruit pectin and 3/4 cup water to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir pectin mixture into fruit mixture; continue stirring 3 minutes (no less). A few sugar crystals will remain.
- Ladle mixture into containers to 1/2 inch from top; cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours or until set. Freeze. Or, for use within 3 weeks, store in refrigerator. Makes about eight 8-oz. containers. About 35 calories per tablespoon.
- -Good Housekeeping, December 1989
- I got this recipe from a email, yummy.
Notes-Good Housekeeping, December 1989
I got this recipe from a email, yummy.
Makes about eight 8-oz. containers.
About 35 calories per tablespoon.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Jean’s Recipe File
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More