- Cooking Time: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. (15) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 c. toasted walnuts, finely grated
- 5 T. sugar, divided
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 3 medium red baking apples
- 1 t. Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
- 1/2 c. apricot preserves
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Grate walnuts into a small bowl using cheese grater.
- Add 3 T. sugar and flour; mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Lightly dust large round stone with small amount of additional flour.
- Unfold one pie crust and place in center of baking stone.
- Using a spritzer, spray lightly with water.
- Unfold second pie crust and place over crust on baking stone, matching edges and pressing down to seal.
- Using a bakers roller, roll both crusts out together to edge of baking stone.
- Fold 1/2 inch of edge of crust under forming an even border.
- Using smooth end of a pastry tool, form a decorative edge.
- Spray lightly with water.
- Spread walnut mixture evenly over prepared crust. Using an apple peeler corer slicer, core and slice apples leaving the peels on.
- Cut slices in half.
- Starting at outside edge of crust arrange apple slices, slightly overlapping, over nut mixture in a circular pattern.
- Fill center with slices to form a blossom shape.
- Combine spice blend and remaining 2T. sugar in flour sugar shaker; sprinkle over apples.
- Bakes 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- Remove to cooling rack.
- Microwave preserves in small micro-cooker on high 30 seconds or until melted.
- Brush over apples and crust edge with pastry brush.
- Cool at least 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
NotesServe warm or at room temperature with ice cream, if desired
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More