- Cooking Time: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. (15) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 c. toasted walnuts, finely grated
- 5 T. sugar, divided
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 3 medium red baking apples
- 1 t. Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
- 1/2 c. apricot preserves
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Grate walnuts into a small bowl using cheese grater.
- Add 3 T. sugar and flour; mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Lightly dust large round stone with small amount of additional flour.
- Unfold one pie crust and place in center of baking stone.
- Using a spritzer, spray lightly with water.
- Unfold second pie crust and place over crust on baking stone, matching edges and pressing down to seal.
- Using a bakers roller, roll both crusts out together to edge of baking stone.
- Fold 1/2 inch of edge of crust under forming an even border.
- Using smooth end of a pastry tool, form a decorative edge.
- Spray lightly with water.
- Spread walnut mixture evenly over prepared crust. Using an apple peeler corer slicer, core and slice apples leaving the peels on.
- Cut slices in half.
- Starting at outside edge of crust arrange apple slices, slightly overlapping, over nut mixture in a circular pattern.
- Fill center with slices to form a blossom shape.
- Combine spice blend and remaining 2T. sugar in flour sugar shaker; sprinkle over apples.
- Bakes 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- Remove to cooling rack.
- Microwave preserves in small micro-cooker on high 30 seconds or until melted.
- Brush over apples and crust edge with pastry brush.
- Cool at least 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
NotesServe warm or at room temperature with ice cream, if desired
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More