- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: A few minutes
BackstoryI love the atmosphere of the Champagne French Bakery Cafe. It's one of the few places where you really feel the need to sit back, relax, and just enjoy watching as life passes you by. The spinach salad was one of the first items I had ever tried on their menu, and it continues to impress me everytime. So, I attempted a recreation!
- 1-2 handfuls Baby Spinach (or non-iceberg lettuce-based green salad mix)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 strips of crispy bacon, chopped
- 1 thin slice of onion (original recipe calls for shallots... haven't tried yet!)
- 2 Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- Balsamic-based Vinaigrette (preferably one with a bit of sweetness)
- Croutons (if preferred)
- NOTE: Original dressing is labelled as "Brown Sugar Sherry Vinaigrette." I used Trader Joe's Tuscan Italian Dressing with Balsamic Vinegar for my salad.
- Simply make certain all ingredients are at room temperature. Place leafs on plate and top with all other ingredients. Drizzle desired amount of dressing on top and serve. Tasty, light, and full of protein!
- To add a little more filling, serve with a slice of french bread on the side.