- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 lobster Tails
- 1 deci litre Mussels without shell
- 1250g blended fish (what you can get and like)
- 60g chopped onion
- 25g chopped leek
- 125g tomato meat roughly chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped)
- a nice bundt of roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1 deci litre olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp fennel
- 1/2 deci litre mussel fond
- 1 Baguette
- some garlic oil for the bread
- Cut the Fish in rough bits. Leave the lobster in it´s shell but cut lengthwise.
- Put all ingredients into a deep pan and fry, add the mussel fond, just enough to coat the vegetables.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil for 7 minutes at moderate heat.
- Now add the fish and cook another 7 minutes or until the fish is tender.
- Now slice the Baguette in small slices.
- Place in a deep form.
- Drip with garlic oil (or rub in garlic to each slice and drip with some oil)
- Add everything from the pan ontop of the bread and serve.
- The French eat it with a spoon like a soup :)
NotesThis dish I have wanted to make for such a long time. i found it in an Icelandic News Paper back in 1992. Now that the Season for Mussels is in its highlits it´s just a great idea to make now. It´s a light and healthy meal and very easy to make.
As the name says it´s from the Southern Part of France.
Hope you will enjoy it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More