FRENCH BOULLEBAISSE A LA MARSEILLAISE
French Boullebaisse A La Marseillaise
- 6 lobster Tails
- 1 deci litre Mussels without shell
- 1250g blended fish (what you can get and like)
- 60g chopped onion
- 25g chopped leek
- 125g tomato meat roughly chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped)
- a nice bundt of roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1 deci litre olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp fennel
- 1/2 deci litre mussel fond
- 1 Baguette
- some garlic oil for the bread
Cut the Fish in rough bits. Leave the lobster in it´s shell but cut lengthwise.
Put all ingredients into a deep pan and fry, add the mussel fond, just enough to coat the vegetables.
Add Salt and pepper to taste.
Boil for 7 minutes at moderate heat.
Now add the fish and cook another 7 minutes or until the fish is tender.
Now slice the Baguette in small slices.
Place in a deep form.
Drip with garlic oil (or rub in garlic to each slice and drip with some oil)
Add everything from the pan ontop of the bread and serve.
The French eat it with a spoon like a soup :)
As the name says it´s from the Southern Part of France.
Hope you will enjoy it!