- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes
- Combine flour and salt in food processor. Add yeast mixture to dry materials and process until dough forms a ball.
- Place dough in large bowl coated with cooking spray and let sit for 20-30 minutes
- On a lightly floured surface knead dough 4 or 5 times.
- Return dough to bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes (I turn on the oven while I do the first steps and turn it off, then place the dough in the still warm oven)
- Knead dough again a couple times, then let sit for another 5 minutes
- Shape dough into 9x8 inch rectangle. Roll up dough, starting at long side, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets. Pinch seam ends to seal. Cover dough, and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Uncover dough and make 3 diagonal cuts across the top of loaf, using a sharp knife. Combine 1 Tbsp water and egg white, and brush mixture over top of loaf.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More