- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch
- double crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a saucepan, combine pork, beef, onion, garlic, water, salt, thyme, sage, black pepper and cs.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils; stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until meat is cooked, about 5 mins.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the pie crust.
- Place top crust on top of pie and pinch edges to seal.
- Cut slits in top crust so steam can escape. Cover edges of pie with strips of aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 mins, remove foil and return to oven.
- Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool 10 mins before slicing.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More