- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups (18 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- FOR CRUST:
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- PLACE nuts, brown sugar, flour and butter in food processor container; cover. Process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press onto bottom of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- BAKE for 5 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- FOR FILLING:
- HEAT cream in medium saucepan over medium heat just to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool for 15 minutes.
- BEAT cream cheese and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add chocolate mixture; beat on low speed until just combined. Add eggs; stir until just combined. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on baking sheet.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool for 30 minutes. Remove side of springform pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- FOR CARAMEL SAUCE:
- MELT butter in small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and cream. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- SERVE cheesecake with warm Caramel Sauce and whipped cream.
NotesIf you like cheesecake and chocolate, you’ll want to try this 1st Prize winning recipe from Marcia Gerdes of Klamath Falls, OR. I made this for my sister, her husband and my boyfriend for our Christmas dessert and it was one of the best cheesecakes I have ever made. It is now my boyfriends favorite. NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels combine with cream cheese for a chocolaty, rich filling atop a nutty walnut crust. Served with caramel sauce this delicious French Chocolate Cheesecake is sure to please all the chocolate lovers in your family!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More